- This event has passed.
Whiskey Rebellion Bus Tour
September 15 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Enjoy a day full of history with guided tours of:
Come enjoy a full day of history as you visit the following Whiskey Rebellion sites: Bradford House, Oliver Miller Homestead and Woodville Plantation.
Start your day at the Bradford House and then enjoy a comfortable bus ride (15 passenger bus) to Woodville Plantation. Have a nice buffet lunch at Al’s Cafe and then head to Oliver Miller Homestead before returning to the Bradford House.
This education experience will last from 9 am to 4 pm. And there will be an educational guide with you throughout the day.
Seating is limited to 16 people, so get your tickets early. ALL TICKETS must be bought in advance.
- Arrive at the Bradford House Museum located 175 S. Main Street, Washington, PA 15301. FREE parking available: behind the museum at parking lot, on street parking and green pavilion parking.
- Enjoy guided tour of the Bradford House Museum. This National Historic Landmark was built in 1788 and was home of David Bradford, a leader in the Whiskey Rebellion.
- A period-appropriate breakfast snack will be provided.
- Board transportation (passenger bus) from Bradford House to the Woodville Plantation. Note that a guide will be on the bus with you as you go from site to site.
- Arrive at Woodville Plantation at 1375 Washington Pike, Bridgeville, PA 15017.
- Enjoy guided tour of Woodville Plantation. Woodville, also known as the Neville House or Presley Neville House, is significant for its association with John Neville, a tax collector whose other house was burned in the Whiskey Rebellion in 1794. More information at www.woodvilleplantation.org
- Board transportation (passenger bus) from Woodville Plantation to lunch at Al’s Cafe.
- Arrive at Bower Hill. Stay on the bus for short discussion. Oliver Miller, the son of Alexander and grandson of the first Oliver, was one of 6 people who were shot at Bower Hill and died (believed to be) later that day of his wounds.
- Arrive at Al’s Cafe. Buffet lunch includes two entrees, two side dishes and beverages (limited to coffee, tea or soda).
- Board transportation (passenger bus) from lunch to the Oliver Miller Homestead.
- Arrive at the Oliver Miller Homestead at One Stone Manse Drive, South Park Township, PA 15146.
- Enjoy guided tour of the Oliver Miller Homestead, site of the first Whiskey Rebellion shots, housing an original still and much information on the farmers’ point of view as well as whiskey making. More information at www.olivermillerhomestead.org
- Board transportation (passenger bus) from Oliver Miller Homestead to Bradford House Museum.
- Arrive at Bradford House and return to your parked car. End of tour.