- This event has passed.
Whiskey Rebellion Bus Tour
May 19 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Enjoy a day full of history with guided tours of:
Come enjoy a full day of history as you visit the following Whiskey Rebellion sites: Bradford House, Oliver Miller Homestead and Woodville Plantation.
Start your day at the Bradford House and then enjoy a comfortable plush charter bus ride to Woodville Plantation. Have a nice buffet lunch at the South Park Clubhouse and then head to Oliver Miller Homestead before returning to the Bradford House.
This education experience will last from 9 am to 4 pm. And there will be an educational guide with you throughout the day.
This is the first time we have offered such a rich Whiskey Rebellion experience.
The cost per person is $75 (plus a $2 service fee if bought on-line).
Seating is limited to 50 people, so get your tickets early. ALL TICKETS must be bought in advance.
- Arrive at the Bradford House Museum located 175 S. Main Street, Washington, PA 15301. FREE parking
available: behind the museum at parking lot, on street parking and green pavilion parking.
- Enjoy guided tour of the Bradford House Museum. This National Historic Landmark was built in 1788 and was
home of David Bradford, a leader in the Whiskey Rebellion.
- A period-appropriate breakfast snack will be provided.
- Board transportation (charter bus) from Bradford House to the Woodville Plantation. Note that a guide will be on
the bus with you as you go from site to site.
- Arrive at Woodville Plantation at 1375 Washington Pike, Bridgeville, PA 15017.
- Enjoy guided tour of Woodville Plantation. Woodville, also known as the Neville House or Presley Neville House,
is significant for its association with John Neville, a tax collector whose other house was burned in the Whiskey
Rebellion in 1794. More information at www.woodvilleplantation.org
- Board transportation (charter bus) from Woodville Plantation to lunch at South Park Clubhouse.
- Arrive at Bower Hill. Stay on the bus for short discussion. Oliver Miller, the son of Alexander and grandson of
the first Oliver, was one of 6 people who were shot at Bower Hill and died (believed to be) later
that day of his wounds.
- Arrive at South Park Clubhouse. Buffet lunch includes two entrees, two side dishes and
beverages (limited to coffee, tea or soda).
- Board transportation (charter bus) from lunch to the Oliver Miller Homestead.
- Arrive at the Oliver Miller Homestead at One Stone Manse Drive, South Park Township, PA 15146.
- Enjoy guided tour of the Oliver Miller Homestead, site of the first Whiskey Rebellion shots, housing an
original still and much information on the farmers’ point of view as well as whiskey making. More
information at www.olivermillerhomestead.org
- Board transportation (charter bus) from Oliver Miller Homestead to Bradford House Museum.
- Arrive at Bradford House and return to your parked car. End of tour.